Maybe you’ve reached my page because you simply wanted to know how to find out what you are passionate about and you want to know how to make money with your passion. Look no further I am here to help you out.
If it’s so easy than why don’t we all make money from our passion?
When you look at any successful person, they are doing something that they are passionate about. Think of Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, and Warren Buffet or any other successful person. They are successful because they were simply doing something that they were passionate about. They didn’t let any obstacles stop them from reaching success. I think most of us stop or don’t think about our passion because we get too caught up in living a comfortable life or that we strive just to live a comfortable life because that’s what we’ve been taught to do. We would rather take the easy route. Working towards having your passion be something you can earn money from, is not the easy route. You are bound to see many setbacks when you go for something you love. No one wants to be a failure especially when it comes to making a dream come true. We would rather stick to what we know that works or stick to what we have been told to work. Most of us are afraid of failure so we tend to stay in our comfort zone.
On average we spend 90,000 hours of our life at a job that we probably can’t stand. We are trained for a job, we get that job, and we stay put at that for the rest of lives in hopes for a pension to sustain our lifestyle. That was the American dream 50 years ago. That was the Leave it to Beaver suburban fairy-tale we’ve all been taught to strive to obtain. Let me tell you guys something. Times has changed a lot since the Leave it Beaver days. We are now in a time where we can basically make money doing anything. Technology has allowed us to create our on world.
Choose a Different Route?
Ask yourself this question and only ask yourself this question if you are not happy with your current position. What would I have done differently? Let’s not wait to do what we really want to do. We have a mindset of doing what have to do, to eventually do what we want to do. Let’s scratch that idea and think long and hard about what we truly want to do with our lives. If you live a life guided by your interests, all those twists and turns, doubts and misfires, will look like a clear path in retrospect.
My goal in life is to help others see their full potential. I want to help people live out their dreams. This allows me to feel so much gratitude and it allows me to enjoy the work that I do. If you like riding bikes, doing yoga, DYI projects, knitting, making coffee, or whatever, you can make money from it. You can choose to sell your projects online. You can choose to give your advice to people that are interested. You can do all this by building a website. A website will allow you to live out your dreams.
Your website will attract like-minded individuals. When you have an audience, you will be able to talk to them. When they follow you, you are able to influence them in positive ways that gets them to trust you and buy your product or services.
How to find the path to your Passion?
Okay so you clicked on this article to get help with finding your passion. You need help figuring out this thing called life. I’ve been in your shoes! These are the steps that I’ve taken to find my way.
- First, I stopped feeling about my choices I’ve made in life. I went to Spelman College. I graduated with a degree in psychology. When I couldn’t get the job I wanted, I started blaming myself for not continuing my education. I started to think that I chose the wrong major. I was telling myself all the things that I should have done. It was nothing I could do about it because those life decisions have been made and I can’t go back and changed them. My family and friends were telling me to go back to school to get my Masters. In my mind, I’m like what’s the point of going back to school when I still probably won’t find a good job. I thought going back to school would only increase my student loan debt. One day, I decided to stopped feeling bad about my life decisions because it was path. It was purpose to go through these obstacles. It was meant for to go down that road so that I can be a stop sign for others to learn from my mistakes.
- Secondly, I started researching how I could get out of my own way. I read self-help books. I started hanging out
more with my friends because some of them seem to be living out a lifestyle that they wanted. I really like making videos and editing them so I put myself out there and started doing that for fun. That lead me to being able to be a part of a team for one of my friends businesses. I am now a contractor for people who want to add videos or photos for their company’s website. Feel free to check out my team at www.dovewebdesign.com
- Thirdly, ha at this point I can stop numbering my steps. Is thirdly a word? Anyways, I know I’ve always wanted to have my very on website. My friend business is about creating websites for companies. I learned from her that a website is the way to go when you want your businesses to thrive. Everything seem to be falling into place at this point. I started hanging out with people that were doing things that they love. I started feeling inspired to do what I love.
- I talked about my concerns with my family. I was voicing my concerns about my future with my dad. My dad introduced me to the online business world. He is the one that motivated me to actually build a website of my own.
- It took me some time to find out what I wanted to say on my website. I tried to go a route that I thought had my interest. I mentioned earlier that I love making videos and editing them. I was going through a program that allowed you to create a business around your interest. I’m interested in making videos and editing them so I’m like okay let me build my website around that. To make a long story short, I found out that videos and editing software is not my passion. I took another direction and decided that I should help people. I love helping. Why not create a business around just that.
- This is where I learned that everything I’ve been through in life has been one small stepping stone for me to reach my dream career.
Those are my steps that helped me realized what my true goals are in life. Nothing that I’ve gone through in life has been without a reason. It takes some time to actually realize that but when you start taking steps towards your goal, that is when you reach your “ah Ha” moment. If there is anything in your life that gives you complete joy, go for it. Create a beautiful website about it. Go through the training on how to make money from it and I know just what you need to get that ball rolling. Check out my #1 recommendation that will allow you create a successful online business. That’s one less research you have to do because I’ve found a good source that you can use to build a website so check it out!
This is what you should do
- Stop feeling bad about the choices you’ve made in life
- Research on how to get out of your own way. Pick up a few self-help books. One book I highly recommend that you read is called Roadmap by Roadtrip Nation.
- Look at what the people who are close to you are doing. If you know someone that is completely happy with their work, learn from them. Ask them questions. Conversations with people you know that are living their dreams, is very inspiring.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to someone you trust about your concerns with your life decisions. Talk to a family member that you know will give you some guidance.
- Think about what interest you and use technology to make it a business.
- Once you’ve done all of that, you will start to see how your life was meant to be just as it is and you will soon realize that everything happened for a reason. When you start thinking like that, you become even more focused on your goals.
Now lets get to living out our dreams people. We only have one life to live. You got to think about how you want to live it. Don’t live your life for others, live your life for yourself. I believe in you guys and gals. If you made it here, then I know you got what it takes. Go ahead and check out my page on how to build a website and let’s get this ball rolling!
I would love to hear about what your interests are and what you feel passionate about. Drop me a comment below and tell me about it!