Writing content for your website can seem to be very challenging at first. You may think to yourself to just hire a freelance content writer for your website. You can spend your money and do that. That is totally fine. But if you’re like me and like saving money, you may just need a few tips on how to write the best content for your website. Content that keeps people in engaged. Check out my tips below and this should ease all the worry from your content writing experiencing.
Write About Something That You Like
Nothing get’s the juices flowing like writing about something that you are really interested in. I personally love the thought of having someone read my blog post and it helps them to create a successful online business. I can write about this stuff all day. When the topic interests you, you really don’t need to search and try to find professional content writers.
Don’t Forget to Search for Keywords
Another thing that is important is that your information that you write about is also something that interest your audience. The key to building traffic to your website is using keywords people are typing in the search engines. Before you even start writing check out this list below and make sure you check off as you go when you start the process of writing content for your website.
- Come up with a topic. That is the first thing that got to be on your brain before writing, otherwise you will be sitting in front of blank computer screen staring into “la-la” land.
- Write your title. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have any idea of what you will write next. But write your title. This keeps you focused and give you a slight sense of motivation to keep writing. Even if you change your title later, just go ahead and pop something in there to get you going.
- Start your keyword search. You can do a keyword search by simply using your topic name and even your title. This will help people find your content. After-all, that is the whole point of writing your content.
- Create an outline. Start with your main idea, your topic. Tell the reader what they can expect in your post. Then write subtitles on the points you intend to elaborate on. Under each subtitle write a bit of information under each.
- Boom Baby! Your content juices are flowing at this point and you finally see your post come to life
- Get some images. Next thing your want to do is add relevant pictures to make the flow of your content more readable and look less like a bunch of words thrown on a webpage.
- The final step is to proof-read/edit. I have a habit of not doing this which is crazy because you definitely want people to read your post without a hitch and have no mistakes and everything is understandable.
Check Out My Video Below to see My writing process
Adding in Your Keywords to your Content
You will find a lot of keywords that you can add into your content. The most effective way to use keywords is to make sure it goes with the flow of your content. Don’t just add random keywords just for the sake of people finding your website. This will narrow your selection of keywords but that is okay. You don’t need to have your content filled with keywords anyway. Google frowns upon that.
Stay on Topic
As your content flows, your juices could sometimes go into different directions. You may start writing on a sub-title and something that strikes your fancy could take you into whole different subject. This post is all about writing good content for your blog post. I could have easily derailed off track and went on a tangent about keyword searching. Keywords plays important role in your content but this is not what this post is about. That is why it is important you have that outline. Use it as your guide. What’s great about writing content that it always gives you even more to write about. Keyword searching can be a whole other topic.
Research Your Topic
Sometimes if the wheel is already invented, then it’s time to play that card “work smarter, not harder”. I personally like to research my topic and find other articles that are based around my subject. I read those articles and I become inspired. Do NOT Plagiarized. I repeat, do NOT plagiarized. This can be tempting when researching so I must say this. Plagiarizing someone else’s words is a big no no. Google doesn’t like it. It’s unethical and just plain wrong. It is okay to take certain topics from other’s and see how they went about writing on the topic but definitely make everything in your own words.
Make Reading your Article Fun
Tidy things up which is something I am going to take the time and do on all my pages. Make sure you are getting your message across to people. Did you stay on topic? Are people going to find this something useful. Don’t get to wordy and make sure that there is spacing in between your topics and some cool images to break up your page. This will help it to not look to wordy. Get straight to the point in all your sub-titles.
So guys there you have it. Follow these tips and check out my video above on how I create my content for my blog posts. I’d love to hear what you thought of my tips and if you have anything to add please share in the comments below.